ALL ABOUT HAIR EXTENSIONS!
1. What range of products does Luisant Hair offer?
At Luisant Hair we make the ‘hair game’ a fair game. We believe you deserve nothing less than the BEST 🥰. We offer different products, ranging from clip-ins to tape-ins, ombre to balayage, ponytails to bangs, all made using best quality hair.
2. What are Clip-In Extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions, are hair extension wefts that you simply clip on to your own hair. They are a temporary, quick, easy and safe way to give your natural hair some great length and volume #. You do not need professional help to put on clip-in extensions. This can be done in a matter of minutes at home! All you need is a set of Luisant Hair clip-ins, a mirror and voila – you’re set!
If you’re someone who is looking for a hassle-free, zero-commitment, zero-damage, pocket friendly solution for your hair, then clip-in extensions were made for you. Clip-ins are great for someone who is active and sporty, and therefore showers often, works out more and/or swims often. You can simply take off your extensions for the duration of that activity and snap them back on when you're done! Clip-ins are hygienic and damage free solution to get the hair of your dreams.
3. Why should I invest in Hair Extensions?
Are you thinking of buying your first set of hair extensions? Do you love the idea but are just not sure of how to go about it? Maybe you want a glamorous look for an upcoming wedding or special event, or have thought about colouring your hair and wondered what it would look like? Are you waiting to grow out a bad hair-cut? Do you want to add volume and length to your hair?
No matter what your situation is, we are here to help you. Here’s why investing in hair extensions will be one of the best beauty decisions you will ever make.
4. Do Hair Extensions damage your hair?
The way that the permanent extensions are installed, is the key to answering this question. You must be aware that if you are choosing to have permanent hair extensions, this involves bonding, gluing and other methods that tug at the root of the hair. Permanent extensions also require a fair bit of maintenance without which you can end up with bald spots or temporary alopecia.
Clip-in hair extensions on the other hand, are a quick and damage free way to get longer, thicker hair are the least damaging option as they are simply clipped into your hair like any regular hair clip. Additionally, since you are not sleeping with the extensions in or wearing them non-stop for a long period of time, this reduces the amount of pulling and stress on your hair, which results in healthier hair. Clip-in hair extensions cause absolutely no damage to your hair.
5. How do I put on Clip-In Hair Extensions?
Clipping in hair extensions is a quick and easy routine that requires only a very little bit of practice. All you need to do is snap open the clips and section your hair and clip the wefts close! They will stay securely fastened without showing. To learn how to wear your Luisant Hair clip-ins, watch this step-by-step tutorial, and enjoy length and volume without long-term commitment, maintenance worries or any damage!
6. Can I curl or straighten my Extensions?
In a word, yes! Luisant Hair extensions can be curled, straightened, blow-dried and styled just like your own hair. In order to preserve and, however, We highly recommend suggest the use of a heat protectant spray before styling your set, in order to extend the lifespan of your Luisant Hair extensions. And just like for your own hair, its best to use a low heat setting of 120C/250F, as anything higher could damage the hair.
The reason why we recommend opting for a lower heat setting is because it will prolong the lifespan of your set. While our own hair may be able to handle a high heat setting, our hair is also constantly getting revitalized from the scalp, whereas hair extensions don't get that sort of constant nutrition.
7. How long do Luisant Hair Extensions last?
We use very high quality 100% human remy hair because of which if our extensions are taken good care of, they will last from up to six months to a year. In order to get maximum use out of your Luisant Hair extensions, please ensure that you always use a heat protectant when styling them, and that you do not wash them frequently. Luisant Hair extensions need to be washed only after 30 wears. Please ensure that you use a conditioner after shampooing them.
8. Can I colour Luisant Hair Extensions?
You absolutely can! All our extensions are made of 100% Remy hair, which is considered to be the finest quality of human hair. This is because the cuticles are kept intact unlike in most other non-Remy hair extensions. For best results, we recommend that you have our extensions coloured by a professional hair colourist. If you’re doing it yourself at home, please ensure that you are using the right products, and do a strand test to make sure you have the right colour
9. How long does my hair have to be to wear Hair Extensions?
For best results, you hair should be at least 6-7 inches (this is around shoulder length) so that clip-in hair extensions can blend in naturally. With shorter, there is always the risk of the wefts showing through.
10. Why should I get Hair Extensions?
- If you have experienced hair loss or have difficulty growing out your natural hair, hair extensions help you achieve your wish of long hair without hampering your natural hair growth.
- Sometimes on an impulse we end up getting a haircut that we later regret. Hair extensions help you overcome that regret and cover up the faults to give you a flawless appearance.
- If you have thin or thinning hair, or are suffering from hair loss, hair extensions help by adding extra volume to your existing hair.
- And if on days you want to accentuate your hair volume, say for a special occasion, clip-in extensions will help give you the hair of your dreams!
- Clip-in hair extensions are the safest way to experiment with your hair colour! You can add in highlights, balayage or ombre shades to your hair without worrying about long-term commitment, exposure to chemicals and at a much lower cost!
- Clip-in hair extensions cause absolutely no damage to your natural hair. This allows you to experiment with different looks guilt-free! Other hair extension alternatives like bonding or tape-ins can cause damage to your hair if not maintained properly. But with clip-ins, the maintenance is also easy as you remove them at night before going to bed, and can take them off before a swim or a workout, thus minimizing the risk of entanglement and extra maintenance.
- Clip-in hair extensions give you the freedom to create any hairstyle you want by adding length and volume to your existing hair.
Ease of Use
- Hair extensions are extremely user friendly and can be clipped in and out of your hair in a matter of minutes!
11. How to brush Hair Extensions?
Luisant Hair extensions are made of 100% natural remy hair, and therefore, just like your own hair, they may get entangled as long hair does. A good way to maintain your clip-ins is by brushing/combing them with a wide-toothed comb before and after use, as well as during use if you feel the need to.
As with your own hair, it is best to brush the hair from bottom to top and gently loosen and smoothen any tangles as you go along.
12. My scalp is itchy, what could be the reason?
The most common reason is that the extensions are putting too much tension on your scalp. To avoid this, do not put too much weight on small strand of hair. Also, make sure that your hair does not get pulled against its natural growth direction.
13. Will the Extensions damage my real hair?
Since in our clip-in and tape-in extensions the weight of the hair is spread out over a larger area, it does not cause damage to the hair We recommend to clip in the clip-in extensions in a different place each time so as not to put too much stress on the same strands of hair.
14. Will anyone be able to tell I'm wearing Hair Extensions?
We use remy hair in all our extensions. As long as the colour of the extensions matches or compliments your natural hair colour and a professional stylist applies it properly, no one will be able to tell.
15. Can I exercise with my Extensions on?
It depends on what kind of extensions you have. We recommend that you take off your clip-in extensions before hitting the gym, but you don't have to worry if you have tape-ins. We recommend that you wait for 24-48 hours after you get your tape-ins applied before you either wash your hair or do any work that involves excessive sweating.
16. Quick tips for healthy Hair Extensions:
Keep your scalp healthy:
A healthy and nourished scalp will automatically lead to a good head of hair. Dandruff is a common problem that leads to hair fall and makes the scalp look oily and the hair dry. A quick, easy and cheap solution for this can be found in your kitchen! read more ...